* = Required
Swiss Turning Capabilities:
- 32mm maximum material diameter
- Machines equipped with automatic bar feeders
- Tolerance/accuracy of ±.0001
- Motion incrementation within .000039
- Heavy cutting and hard milling, including thread whirling, broaching, angular cutting and polygon cutting
- 4-spindle cross drilling with 2-spindle off-center drilling
- 7-axis capability for complex parts
- Simultaneous cutting capability to reduce cycle times
- Multiple spindles
7-Axis Swiss Turning
Swiss-type turning technology is best suited for fast turnaround manufacturing of turned parts with a high degree of accuracy and complexity. Swiss machining differs from traditional turning because the part is moved in the z-axis and the tools are stationary.
The material is held firmly with a guide bushing during the machining process, dramatically improving accuracy and almost completely eliminating deflection and vibration.
Swiss Turning Machines
Our Swiss-type machines include live tooling – to mill and drill features in the part during the turning process – and also back-working tooling – to machine the back-end of the finished part after it is cut from the bar stock. Our Swiss machines can also combine multiple complex operations into a single machining step.